March 12, 2010

Not again...

I think that I was asking for it!

In my last post I was saying farewell to the winter and announced the first sightings of spring. Less than 24 hours later the winter showed me what he thought of my post.

He answered me with a thick New Jersey accent (picture Danny DeVito saying it): "I'll go w'enever I say I go!"

O.K. he did not actually say that, but he must have meant it this way when he dropped 20cm (8in) of fresh, thick, juicy snow on Hamburg that night. I think I'll better keep my amateur meteorology forecasts to myself from now on an leave it to the groundhog to make the call for the beginning of spring. Groundhog Day was February 2nd and the little rat forecasted 6 more weeks of winter. In my calendar those 6 weeks will be over in a few days. We'll see...

So what does that mean for my loyal photo blog followers? More winter imagery from Hamburg ;-)




At least this part of the Alster is not completely frozen anymore
Photo taken with a Canon 5D MK II





This icicle on the street light was 1m (3feet) long. I call these "Lightcicles"
Photo taken with a Canon 5D MK II






Somehow I was wondering if this bike belongs to Santa Claus
Photo taken with a Canon 5D MK II





Public glass recycling container covered with snow
Photo taken with a Canon 5D MK II





Icicle bokeh - seen on a public playground (click image to enlarge)
Photo taken with a Canon 5D MK II




Today I'd rather take the bus...
Photo taken with a Canon 5D MK II

No comments: